Want to get involved?
There are numerous ways to support a scholar on his or her journey!
Sign Up for Email Updates!
Are you passionate about giving hope? Join our team!
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, a culturally competent and empowering environment, and the opportunity to have a deep and lasting impact.
We would not be able to do our work without the support of volunteers, as you are partners and co-deliverers of our services. We need our communities to share our vision and take action to empower our scholars.
Be a role model for our scholars.
Join the BHGH family.
At the International Headquarters, our volunteer openings are listed below:
Community volunteer opportunities are available and vary based on location, but include work such as:
• Tutoring scholars who may be struggling in a particular subject
• Mentoring scholars in a long-term, supportive relationship
• Cooking a meal as a volunteer houseparent
• Putting your handyman skills and know-how to use to maintain our physical facilities
• Getting our scholars to school and extracurricular activities on time
Your time and talents are invaluable to us. Get involved!
Refer a young person in need
Do you know a child or youth who has great potential and needs an opportunity? Nominate him or her to join our program and become a part of the Boys Hope Girls Hope family network. Use this information as a guide.
• Grit, ambition, and motivation coupled with positive goals and a cooperative work ethic
• Capacity to thrive in an academically rigorous setting and complete challenging coursework
• Willingness to adapt to our family-like environment and embrace high expectations for pro-social behavior
• Demonstrated readiness on the part of the guardian to collaborate with program personnel and accompany their child on the journey to academic achievement and personal growth20
• Significant need for services, evidenced by community and family risk factors, and lack of access to quality education