MY ROAD FOR SCHOLARS
I’m new to My Road. Can you walk me through it?
New scholars can check this video out for a My Road tutorial!
I have to log in to Naviance to complete my assignment. What do I do?
To complete a Naviance assignment, go to https://connection.naviance.com/family-connection/auth/login/?hsid=bhgh. Your username should be your My Road email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you forgot your password, click the “forgot my password” link on the login page.
When are the assignments due?
Assignment due dates are listed on your grade level My Road Map. You can find your My Road Map on the home page for your grade level.
If an assignment is due by the end of the semester, you can complete that assignment at any point throughout the semester.
How is an assignment completed and turned in?
Read the assignment instructions and complete the assignment according to the directions and using the links and documents provided.
- Log into your Boys Hope Girls Hope My Road classroom.
- Click on the link to your Classroom Assignments
- Select the class that contains the assignment you have completed
- Find the assignment in the list and click either the assignment’s title or the “Open” button to open the assignment
- Complete the form
- Click “Submit”
- The assignment response AND the assignment are both automatically submitted
How do I edit an assignment?
You may need to make changes to your assignment responses either because you were unable to complete the assignment or because you received an email requiring you to revise your writing in order to receive credit.
- You should be able to use the “Edit your response” link provided in your Gmail to go directly to the correct entry. If you do not have a link:
- Go to your My Road Classroom
- Select the assignment
- Click on the link to the form for the correct assignment and click on the “edit your response” link.
- Make the necessary changes
- Click “submit” to resubmit your responses for the assignment
I forgot my My Road email address or password. What should I do?
All My Road scholar account information should follow the same format. First, try to login using this format.
- Your email address should be email@example.com
- example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your password should be yourfirstinitialyourlastnameyourhighschoolgradyear . There should be no capital letters.
- example: jdoe2019
If using this format does not work, complete the Forgot My Road Password form.
My assignment was returned, now what?
When your assignment has been returned, you will see that message in the upper right hand corner of the assignment.
- In the upper right hand corner, you will see your grade as a number over 100. The key to those grades is as follows:
- 0 = Assignment was submitted blank – complete the assignment and re-submit the assignment
- 50 = Assignment was reviewed and requires revision (see instructions below)
- 100 = Assignment is complete
What to do if your assignment is returned for revision (50/100)
This note in your spreadsheet means that you need to read the comments and use them to revise your writing in order to receive full credit for the assignment.
To review the comments:
- Click on the the assignment title or on “Open”
- The revision requirements will be written in the “comments” section at the bottom of the assignment
To revise your writing:
- Click on the link to the form at the top of the assignment
- You should receive a message letting you know that you’ve already responded. Click on “Edit your response”*
- Make the necessary revisions
- Click “Submit”
Your assignment will be resubmitted for grading.